Để chuẩn bị tốt nhất cho phần thi IELTS Speaking, ngoài việc nắm vững các từ vựng, ngữ pháp, cách phát âm, các tiêu chí về sự mạch lạc, trôi chảy trong diễn đạt các luận điểm khi thi IELTS Speaking cũng rất quan trọng.
Cách tốt nhất và hiệu quả nhất để học IELTS Speaking và tăng band điểm IELTS Speaking đó chính là luyện tập theo các đề thi mẫu cùng với giáo viên, trợ giảng hoặc một người bạn để tăng khả năng nói và có thể tự ôn luyện Speaking để đạt kết quả cao.
Study and Work
- Do you work or study?
- What subjects did you study at school?
- What is your future dream job?
- Do you like reading?
- What is the perfect reading place for you?
- Do you like to read alone or with friends?
Describe an unforgettable memory you had with a group of people. You should say:
- What the occasion is
- When and where it was
- Who you were with
And explain why it is an unforgettable memory for you.
- Should children go to kindergarten or stay at home during their early years?
- Do you agree that there should be competition at the work place? Why?
- Do you think boys and girls can play together?
- What do you think about being a leader in a group of people?
- What qualities does he/she need to possess?
- Do you think your English is good?
- What areas of English do you need to improve?
- What will you do after studying this language?
- Do you like weekends?
- What do you usually do at weekends?
- Do you plan your weekend in advance?
Describe a movie or documentary that you enjoyed and would like to watch again. You should say:
- What the movie is
- What it was about
- Why you liked it so much
And whether you would recommend it to others.
- Is featuring famous artists important for a movie’s success?
- Do you think people in different stages of life will choose different types of movies? Why?
- Do you think that older people like to watch movies of their generation more than modern ones?
Jobs and work
- What do you do?
- What are your responsibilities at work?
- Do you often feel stressed at work?
- What do you prefer, to send text messages or to phone people? Why?
- What is the importance of email in today’s world? Why?
- Do you think email will replace letter writing?
Talk about a situation when a child made you laugh. You should say:
- When and where it took place?
- Who was the child?
- What he/she did?
- Explain why it was funny.
- What is the importance of childhood?
- What is the perfect age to become a parent? Why?
- What are the main qualities of good parents?
Living in a house
- What is your favourite place at home?
- What feature do you like the most about your house?
- Is there anything you don’t like?
- What kind of movies do you like? Why?
- Did you like the same kind of movies when you were younger?
- If you had a chance would you like to make a film?
Describe a strong disagreement that you had with a friend. You should say:
- When it happened?
- What the disagreement was about?
- How you resolved it?
- And what the result was?
- What disagreements do teenagers usually have with their parents?
- What disagreements do children usually have with their peers?
- Do you think being polite is an important cultural aspect? Why?
- Do you think being polite helps in business? How?
- What is the most important part of your job?
- Do you have any problems with your current job?
- What do you enjoy more, the work you are doing or people you work with? Why?
- Do you like reading?
- What type of books do you like to read?
- Can you remember a book that you read in your childhood?
- Do you like giving books to youngsters?
Describe a historical building that you have recently visited. You should say:
- What and where was it?
- When did you visit it?
- What special features attracted you the most?
- And whether you liked/ disliked the building.
- What can be done to attract people to visit historical places?
- Would you prefer to renovate historical buildings or to build new ones?
- Who should take the responsibility for repairing historical buildings, the government or individuals? Why?
- Why do you think historical buildings have a significance for people?